Wednesday, May 9, 2012

C25K: Week 3 Day 2

So I skipped W2D3 and W3D1 while I waited to see what the doctor said about my knees.  Since he didn't say I couldn't run I headed out today after an AMAZING yoga class (more on that later) to run W3D2.  I must say that this week's runs seem to be an easier time frame than some of the others.  This week is 2 sets of the following: run for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, run for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes.  However, 30 seconds into the first run set my knees were screaming in pain.  I told myself to suck it up and pushed through and got done with all of the runs with out any cardio problems.  I even kept my pace at a sub 10 which is what I am really trying to do in these early and short runs.  I felt good after the second 3 minute run and really could have done another round of those.

I love the C25K program!  If you are a beginner runner you really need to try it.  It's a great way to slowly  build in without getting discouraged.  It's great to complete the run, and finish strong and feel successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment