Wednesday, April 25, 2012

C25K: W1D2

Wednesdays are a tricky day for my running.  I like to run when I go to the Y so the kids can be in the nursery, but on Wednesdays Jen teaches yoga.  It's the only day of the week that she teaches at the Y and she's absolutely amazing so I pretty much move heaven and earth to make sure I don't miss her class.  I get 2 hours in the kid care, but class is 1 hour, and then I spend about 15 minutes kibitzing so that only leaves 45 minutes to change, get out and do the 30 minute workout and then get the kids.  I mean, it can be done but it'd be a bit tight and then we cut into when Lil' Joe needs to eat and getting Sassy to story hour at the library on time.

Anyway, so for now until Lil' Joe switches his schedule again I'm going to run on Wednesdays in the evening after we put the kids to bed.  So at 7:30 I changed into my shoes and grabbed the iPod only to realize that I apparently didn't turn it off and it was dead!  Bluh!  I've never run without music.  Luckily the Garmin was still charged so I was able to use it to time my intervals.  I thought it was going to be horrible having to watch my watch to time my intervals but it wasn't that bad.  I kept all my runs to a sub 10 which is my goal right now.  I know I won't be able to keep that up as the time gets longer but for now I'm pushing myself and doing alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment